“Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.” Muhammad Ali
It’s a sad day. Vidpk is saddened to learn that World Heavyweight boxing champion Muhammad Ali passed away yesterday. He was 74 years old and was crowned Heavyweight boxing championship thrice.
Muhammad Ali won a gold medal in Summer Olympics of 1960 in the category of light heavyweight before he started his professional career.
Muhammad Ali was a trend setter. He fought the first wrestler vs. boxer match to start a new era of modern mixed martial arts. This famous fight took place in 1976.
Legendary boxer Muhammad Ali won 56 of his 61 fights as a professional boxer. No other boxer holds that kind of an impressive record.
Muhammad Ali – Family and Legacy
Muhammad Ali had nine children. He married four times. He has two sons and seven daughters.
Laila, one of his daughter, was able to enjoy a successful boxing career. During her 24 professional fights, she was never beaten. In fact, she had 21 knockouts – something that will make her father proud of her. In 2007, she retired from boxing when she was still the World Champion.
A film on Ali’s life was made back in 2001 where Will Smith played the famous boxer.
Famous Quotes of Muhammad Ali
- “Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they’ve been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It’s an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It’s a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.”
- “He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.”
- “A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
- “I am the greatest. I said that even before I knew I was. I figured that if I said it enough, I would convince the world that I really was the greatest.”
- “Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even.”
- “I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.’”
- “It’s just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.”
- “The man who has no imagination has no wings.”