Childhood is the most beautiful part of one’s life, carefree days and absolutely nothing to worry about. Plus the highlight of the day, homemade Ice cream!
Yes, we all do remember running after the ice cream truck trying to get our favorite scoop. Oh, what beautiful days they were. And now all we’re left with are real world problems and too much stress to even worry about ice cream.
Homemade Ice Cream Recipes – DIY
But then again, ice cream is love and somewhere deep inside our hearts we still have a soft spot for it. And every time we hear the word ice cream, it reminds us of the glorious days of our childhood. So if you’re an ice cream lover, we have good news for you. We have compiled a list of 7 best homemade ice cream ideas 2017 for you that you can prepare easily and enjoy and beat the summer heat with.
Before we continue with our list, here are some of the tips you might want to consider before trying your very own homemade ice cream ideas 2017
- First of all, make sure that when you add mixtures such as Vanilla, chocolate etc. Add only when the battery cools down. And don’t forget to add them only just before churning.
- If you’re using a custard base, make sure you store it in the freezer. Don’t forget to check every few hours to get rid of unnecessary ice crystals.
- If you want your homemade ice creams to taste smooth, use shallow & flat containers for freezing it.
- Don’t rush freezing the ice cream batter. Let it develop the flavor. For a smoother & a richer taste, refrigerate the batter. Upon being chilled, freeze it.
Now we share the list of best ice creams recipes 2017 for you to feast your taste buds.
Chocolate Ice cream
For all the chocoholics reading this, the chocolate ice cream is one of the ultimate homemade ice cream ideas 2017. If you are in love with it and crave something smooth & delicate that flows effortlessly through your mouth, this is the flavor for you. Now you can either choose to eat it plain or top it off with chocolate syrup in case if chocolate wasn’t “chocolatey” enough for you. The chocolate ice cream can be topped off with almost whatever you like and nonetheless taste perfect.
- 3/4 cups of sugar
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
- Slightly beaten yolk (3 eggs)
- Chopped chocolate (2 ounces)
- 2 cups of cream
- Vanilla extract (1 teaspoon)
- Mix sugar, milk, cocoa powder & salt in a pan. Heat the mixture over medium heat & stir continuously. Heat until the mixture simmers.
- Get a bowl and place the egg yolks in it. And add a half cup of warm water. Add into the pan & heat until the mixture thickens. Don’t let it boil.
- Remove the pan from the stove. Add in chopped chocolates & stir until the chocolate melt.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl & refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- When the mixture has chilled down. Add vanilla & cream & stir
- Pour this mixture into an ice cream maker. Freeze it for an hour and then serve.
Coconut & Watermelon Ice Cream
This is one of the most exotic desserts because of its unique taste. Primarily due to mixed flavors of coconut & Walnut topped with Papaya Sauce. Now, this is one of the best homemade ice creams flavors that’s never disappointing during family gatherings.
- Coconut milk (1 can)
- 5 pitted dates.
- Vanilla extract. (1/8 teaspoon)
- Cubed watermelon. (1 1/2 cups)
- Mix all the ingredients with the help of a blender & pour into a pan.
- Freeze the mixture for 3 hours.
- Break the frozen mixture into small pieces & again blend until a creamy mixture is obtained.
- Place in a bowl or a container and freeze for an hour.
- Serve & enjoy.
Mango Ice Cream
The most common & delicious flavors of all; mango. The best thing about mango ice cream is that it never gets boring. And the creamy texture of the mango flavor never disappoints.
- Heavy cream. (2 cups)
- Mangoes. (200 grams)
- Vanilla extract. (1/2 teaspoon)
- Sugar. (1/2 cup)
- Mix peeled mangoes, vanilla & sugar.
- Add cream to the mixture and stir well.
- Take a container & pour in the mixture. Cover the container & freeze it.
- Freeze until the mixture becomes semi-frozen. Then remove from the freezer & whip the mixture.
- Add the mixture into a container and cover the lid.
- Freeze for 2-3 hours until ripened & serve.
Spumoni Ice Cream
In case if you prefer a more exotic taste than chocolate, this is the right flavor for you. Spumoni is an Italian recipe. Basically, it consists of three layers. The first layer is chocolate with hazelnuts. The second layer is of pistachio ice cream. The last but not the least, the third layer consists of cherry ice cream with almonds & cherries making it one of the best homemade ice cream ideas 2017
- Softened pistachio ice cream. (3 cups)
- Softened vanilla ice cream. (3 cups)
- Chopped maraschino cherries. (1 cup)
- Chopped almonds. (1/3 cup)
- Almond extract. (1 tablespoon)
- Pink food color. (Just a few drops)
- Softened chocolate ice cream. (3 cups)
- Take a medium sized pan. Line it with a plastic wrap & place a parchment paper 12 by 8 inch in size) into the pan.
- Spread pistachio ice cream into the pan & freeze it for 20-25 minutes.
- Add cherries, almond extract & almonds into the vanilla ice cream & stir.
- Add food color for a pink shade. Spread it over pistachio layer & freeze it for 30 minutes
- Add a chocolate layer over the second layer. Freeze the whole mixture for 3-4 hours.
- Remove the ice cream from pan & remove the wrapping.
- Serve by slicing the pieces with the help of a slightly hot knife.
Vanilla Ice Cream
Vanilla is undoubtedly the world’s favorite flavor. And the best part is that you can top it off with whatever toppings you like. Be it a wafer, sprinkles or syrup. The classic Vanilla ice cream does not fail to impress.
- 3/4 cups of sugar
- Whipped cream. (1 cup)
- Milk. (1/4 cups twice)
- Vanilla extract. (2 teaspoons)
- Take a saucepan, mix sugar, cream & milk over low heat.
- Heat until the mixture is hot. (Don’t overheat)
- Pour the mixture into a container. Add vanilla extract & stir.
- Chill the mixture for 2-3 hours.
- Pour this chilled mixture into an ice cream maker & churn for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Freeze it for 2-3 hours & serve.
Masala Chai Ice Cream
You’ve probably never heard of it & that’s the uniqueness of this flavor. If you want to try something tangy instead of sweet, try this unique blend or masala chain & ice cream in the new Masala Chai ice cream flavor. This is going to be a different experience out of all homemade ice creams.
- Milk. (Approximately 250ml)
- Cream. (100g)
- Sugar. (100g)
- Yolks of 3 eggs.
- Masala tea powder. (3 teaspoons)
- Concentrated tea. (4 tablespoons)
- Mix milk, cream, sugar, egg yolks, masala tea powder and tea concentrate.
- Boil until the concentrate becomes thick.
- Remove the saucepan & let it cool.
- Pour this ice cream base into a container.
- Freeze the base for up to 4/5 hours & serve.
Coffee/Espresso Ice Cream
So you love coffee but you also love ice cream. Then why compromise on on either one? The espresso ice cream is definitely a treat for coffee lovers. If the coffee is not enough for your taste buds, the coffee ice cream will definitely be.
- Heavy cream. (2 cups)
- Milk. (1 cup)
- Sugar. (1/2 cup)
- Vanilla extract. (1 teaspoon)
- Instant Espresso. (2 tablespoons)
- Combine the cream, milk, sugar & vanilla extract together in a large bowl.
- Take 1 1/4 cup water and add instant espresso.
- Add the mixture to the ice cream base.
- Freeze in a container & serve chilled.
These are some of the best homemade ice creams you can prepare this summer. Let us know which one of these flavors are your favorite and which ones would you want to make at home this summer.